Tuesday 9 November 2010

Snooker balls

In photoshop we had to make a snooker ball that had shadow and shine on it so it looked spherical. The first attempt was done without being shown how. First I drew a circle and coloured it red. Then I used the elipse tool to draw the white circle in the centre, and added a number using the text tool. Then I used lens-flare to make it look 3D. Lastly, I made a third circle and coloured it black and used the motion tool to blur it.

Then we were given a demo on another technique. Firstly, I made a background with the gradient tool, then a circle with the marquee tool. I held shift to form a perfect circle, and then shift and space bar, which allowed me to place the circle where I wanted it. Using the same technique I made a smaller red circle that fitted into the original white one. Next I used dodge to brighten up the highlights, and burn to darken the areas that were in shadow. Then I used add to selection to draw three ovals in an H shape, and laid this over the centre of the ball. Then I de-selected and loaded them separately so I could merge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment