Tuesday 2 November 2010

Shatter

In photoshop we were learning how to shatter text. First I used the text tool to add the text I wanted to use, next I changed the texture to satin, which gave it a metallic look. Afterwards I used the polygonal tool to select triangular areas that I wanted to move, and then used the move tool to drag it away a little bit.After, I used the lasso tool to draw a rough circle around the text, which I then filled with the cloud texture from the filter section. Then I used the feather tool set to 50 to soften the edges. After this I used the radial blur tool to smudge the cloud layer. Then I selected the text layer, and added a 50% fill of grey. I used an adjustment layer - hue and saturation - to change the colour of the cloud layer to red. Finally, to add the black outline I added a new layer, clicked effects, then drop shadow, followed by stroke.


The Final Result

No comments:

Post a Comment